New Family for Development (NFD)
» Helping the world's poorest
New Family for Development (N.F.D.) is a Christian non-profit organisation based in Burundi*. Since its establishment in 2002 it has worked with local churches of almost every Christian denomination, and 13 separate international donors to improve the lives of some of the world’s poorest people.
Main areas of work are currently:
- Health & HIV/AIDs awareness
- Gender & Community Development
- Humanitarian Aid (Housing, Water & Sanitation)
- Reconciliation (Evangelism & Counselling)
NFD has worked in half of Burundi’s 16 provinces and also in Eastern D.R.Congo.
* click to view a map of Burundi